He Came to Set the Captives Free

 


I have shared with you that I rarely post any book reviews on this blog. I put most of my book reviews in my Goodreads account. He Came to Set the Captives Free, which Rebecca Brown Yoder wrote, is one of the extraordinary books that I think is essential for me to share through my blog. 

What is so special about this book? 

First of all, I am pretty romantic with the way I got a beautiful book recommended to read. There is always a story behind the most amazing book I have read. He Came to Set the Captives Free was recommended by my church pastor (which I haven't shared with you in detail) in our bible studies last week. 

I searched for the book through Amazon Store on my Kindle. However, the book is not available to be bought in Indonesia. Unfortunately, I had to download the pirated ebook, but I promised to buy the printed copies from the US and forward the books to my Christian circle. 

When I read the first cover of the book, something inside me spoke that this was not an ordinary book. Therefore, I knew I needed to pray and ask God to protect me and help me understand the book's content. Whenever I stopped reading the book, I would have the same prayer before rereading the book. 

Was I becoming very paranoid? Pray before reading the book, and you will understand what I said. 

The Story is About... 

He Came to Set the Captives Free is a non-fiction story from a Christian doctor who had a close relationship with God and kept bringing her patients in prayer. 

By reading this book, you will understand that Christianity is not a religion but a way of life. How do you have a total commitment to have Jesus, the savior, as your priority and to avoid life from sins. Satan used our sins as his gate to enter and destroy our life. 

Even though having a life free of sins seems impossible, Jesus's death on the cross forgives every sin. As long you admit what you've done is wrong in front of Jesus, have a close relationship with Jesus, and repent, not do the same mistake again. 

The author gave us the testimony of what she had done in the way of helping the top bride of Satan who repented into Jesus Christ, our savior. From the description, we know that Satan is near us, in our daily life, even in places you never thought of before, i.e., the church and music rock band.

Will you sacrifice for others who you know in the battle with Satan? Are you willing to pray, fast, and share shelter for the captives who need freedom and needed to be saved by Jesus, our Savior? 

The Reflection 

The book struck me and made me reflect, do I have the right choice? Do I have a trusted Christian circle? How about my family? Is there anyone into a contract with Satan? How about my grandparents and ancestors? Was there anyone related to this Satan circle? Am I visiting the right church? 

FYI I am gifted with dreams and interpretation. Occasionally I can have dreams through my sleeping, which usually have a meaning. My mother has the same gift also her uncle. After reading the book, I pray to God to remove any Satanic relation within me in my blood, in the name of Jesus Christ. 

I am more sensitive now and check 'new' information which looks and sounds like Christian values. Is it true for Jesus Christ's glory or just a disguise from Satan? 

Satan's Disguise 

Primbon, Horoscope, Zodiac, Palmistry, Hypnotherapy, and the World Meditation (which asked you to empty your mind, I had a terrible experience with this too) are not Christianity values. Heresy is anything that does not put God as the first ruler and priority in our life. 

'Christian' Meditation 

Moreover, do you know why I am writing this in the middle of the night, at 2 am? I woke up from the bad dreams of listening to the acclaimed Christian meditation, which is popular on Youtube and Spotify. Once I woke up, I shouted in the name of Jesus Christ to stop what Satan wanted to do and to break anything evil that tried to enter my mind. 

I checked again about this 'Christian' meditation company, but there is no detailed information about who they are. It is suspicious and also dangerous. You do not know what words or something infiltrated your mind in the middle of your sleeping. I also checked the words spoken in that Christian meditation I listened to halfway, which said to ask 'God' to present in our dream. 

If you are a Jesus follower, you will understand that it is not required for us "see" God with our visible eyes. John 20:29 said, "Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” What is essential for us, the Jesus' Followers is that we know God loves us. Jesus' death on the cross and his resurrection to redeem us from sinful life. 

I wonder who this 'god' is mentioned in this 'Christian' meditation Youtube channel. Thank you to God who awakens me from this Satan's disguise. FYI this is not the first time of me listening to this 'Christian' meditation program. However, at this moment, I am in a time of fasting and prayer to be able to listen to God's voice. God let me understand His message, in part of me also finding and reading Rebecca Brown Yoder's book He Came to Set the Captives Free. 

Satan's Followers in the Church 

I also found what Rebecca said about Satan's followers who are involved in church is a match. We have read news of pastors who failed to be a sample of God's representatives on Earth. They abuse their fame and charm into wealth and adultery. Be careful when you know the new church who put their pastors in the spotlight, only telling you the prosperity gospel and sharing motivational speech but lack in prayer groups and bible studies, not acclaim that Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer. 

Also, be careful with the ability to speak in the tongue if there is none to interpret it. Always check your bible yourself if the pastor told you a bible verse. Be diligent in reading the bible and have a close relationship with God. 

Ambiguous 'god' in the Song's Lyric 

I also checked the phenomenon of young people coming to a 'Christian' concert. Do they sing the Christian values lyrics? Does it mention Jesus Christ as the savior, or is it ambiguous who is mentioned in the song's lyrics? 

I can't tell you her name, but I found a singer who created songs and sang Christian lyrics, but it is ambiguous who is the 'You' she mentioned. Why could she not say it bluntly and out of loud it is Jesus Christ, the Savior? 

And, of course, we need to filter out song lyrics that we know already have curses and bad words. We are what we read and what we listen to. It created bad influences on our life. 

Godly Offspring 

Can you imagine how difficult it is to build a family and raise children in this world if our family does not have a close relationship with Jesus Christ, our savior? Therefore, choose your partner carefully, and make sure two of you understand the marriage's purpose and why we need to remain close to God. 

With God, everything is possible! Thank you, Rebecca Brown Yoder, who wrote this beautiful book, an essential book to read by people who claim to be Jesus' followers. I am grateful that God came across my pathway to being able to read this book at the right time and opened my "eyes" about the Satan's disguise in this world. 

In Jesus' name, by Jesus' blood on the cross, we are the winner. God is the ultimate truth, ruler, and the Universe's most powerful force.


Jakarta. 7 July 2022

No comments: