Soundtrack of the Revival Life

Bring It On!

in our Music Marathon broadcast session at 95.3 FM One RC Radio
Life could give a shot to beat us, but we should conquer it!

You might read my ups and downs posts written in this blog. However, I rarely shared story about notable music which accompanied me winning the battles. These powerful songs are kept in my playlist, and whenever I listen to these songs and always lead me to remember the memories I dearly treasure. 

After winning the battle, definitely, you will have this triumphant feeling. It means that you appreciate yourself! When I am in a challenging situation, I am not sure if the storm will pass or not. I thought it is impossible to defeat the test. However, thanks to God's mercy and love, for I can stand and walk to any storms and hurricane in my life.

Set Your Music Playlist

Music is addictive. I was raised with 60's, 70's and 80's music, and radio has been my very loyal companion since my high school time. Music could set your mood up or down. So make sure you are being selective with your music playlist. If you are in a bad mood, or even feeling sad, better not to choose any song to make your day worse.

I prefer to have positive songs and lyric which build good ambiance throughout the day. I have variant numbers of genre music and singers to be promoted for you. My Spotify list is that long hahaha. However, I think it is better to share these 10 songs that saving me to go through burdensome obstacle in life. Hopefully, you might find it helpful and inspiring to you as well. Here we go :

1. I'll Stand by You

This was a memory song I had with my desk mate, my best friend in high school. We were used to sing this song together. The song told us about someone who will accept us the way we are. Someone who care about us no matter who we are and the past we had. It's a song about your whole acceptance as a person.

This song accompanied me at the one of lowest point in my life: when my best friend died. You may read the post here. Whenever I listen to this song, I always remember her and the good memory we had.

Youtube link: I'll Stand by You
Lyric: I'll Stand by You

2. When You Believe

"When You Believe" accompanied me in one of the most thrilling time of my life. It was happened in 2013, when I went backpacker to China. We had earthquake at that time, and it affected the whole train routes and schedules, including mine, from Jiayuguan to Guang Zhou.

The problem was, I have to catch my flight at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport the day after. My train was late, and no body could make estimation when would we arrive in Guang Zhou. FYI, my train route was very far, where the normal distance usually needs 16 hours journey on the train. At that moment, the earthquake hold our train to stop for hours.

There is no train employee understood English, I had not check in my flight yet, no battery on my phone. It was a ludicrous situation. So that to keep myself calm, I still remember I sang this song in the train. Whatever people might stare and think about this crazy waigo ren. It was very stressful for me.

FYI, I bought the flight ticket Guang Zhou - Manila only for US$30. That's why I could not imagine, how much was the new flight ticket I had to buy if I late arrived in the airport. Thank you for "When You Believe" song by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. You kept me sane.

Later on, I found another passenger who can speak English, and asked for her advice. She cooperated to use her friend's phone so that I could contact my friend in Philippines to help me did the web-check in. She also translated my request to the train officer, and gave advice about the bus transportation from the train station to the Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. I arrived in the airport in time, and was able to catch my flight to Manila, Philippines.

Youtube link: When You Believe
Lyric: When You Believe

3. Jesus Take the Wheel

The best song in my life ever! I replay this song for many times in my Ipod when I made decision to leave home in Jakarta. It was very very difficult. However, I learned my lesson to put my faith to God. Trust God to guide you and God prepare everything in time. You may read the story behind it here.

Youtube link: Jesus Take the Wheel
Lyric: Jesus Take the Wheel

4. Hati sebagai Hamba

The message of the song is about humility in life. That we are just mere human who have nothing. All we need to do is to follow what Jesus wants. "Hati Sebagai Hamba" accompany me to survive my 5 years working in Papua.

Youtube link: Hati Sebagai Hamba
Lyric: Hati Sebagai Hamba

5. Tetap Setia

"Tetap Setia" is a very strong song to fight over hypocrisy of life. I felt tired with fake people I met in my previous working place. This song encouraged me to keep sane. Whatever people do, God is the only one who know who am I. I might do not want to discuss this hypocrisy anymore since I really really tired discussing this. Let God be the judge and showed life these people who called as Children of God's Kingdom.

Youtube link: Tetap Setia
Lyric: Tetap Setia

 6. I Turn to You

"I Turn to You" was my theme song when I determined to move out from Papua. It was my firm decision to move out from my previous office in Timika. The problem was, where should I move next, since I fallen in love with Papua. I went to Jayapura with none of my friends knew about my decision, not even my mother.

I still remember the day I said good bye when I saw Sentani Lake and parted good bye to Base G beach. I said to this grand beauties, probably it would be our last met up. Moreover, I waved hands to the blue sky above, said gratitude for God's blessing for all over these 5 years so that I could reach the Eastern part of Indonesia, Papua. I almost bursted in tears at that moment, with none of my friends knew about my battle.

This song gives me strength to be able to survive. Having a faith God is there to push me to the top. Thank you Christina Aguilera.

Youtube link: I Turn to You
Lyric: I Turn to You

7. Kemenanganku

"Kemenanganku" is a song I dedicate to one of my dear friend who just lost his father. He shared his lesson about life and it changed mine. We may be in our lowest point in our life, and feel it is impossible to go through this challenge of life. Yes, we could not pass this storm alone. Only by God's grace, help, power, and love, we could overcome every storm, no matter how difficult it is.

God always have good purpose in anything that happen in our life. This is God's living words and you have to live it to understand the meaning of life. Trust this as Jesus promise that He always have the best plan for our life, even though we can not see it yet. Jesus loves us. Period.

Youtube link: Kemenanganku
Lyric: Kemenanganku

8. Walau Seribu Rebah / Though a Thousand Fall

This song helped me survive during the few months after moving to Batam. I heard news happened in Timika, Papua and affected me so much that I could not get over it. This made me disturb my housemate expressing my stress to her. More stressful than work.

It is out of my mind! I am devastated and upset until now. This song build my strength not to be afraid with anything and let God encounter the problem in my behalf. God showed me Papua is out of my hand now.

God diminished any relation which tied me up with Papua, even including Papua Andolen. This December we closed Papua Andolen because another member of the team moved to Jayapura. None can continue the good work we had in Timika. I have no more reason to return to Papua (yet).

I put these into prayer in God's hands. 

Youtube link: Walau Seribu Rebah
Lyric: Walau Seribu Rebah

9. Loving You

This October, I was in a park in Singapore when I listened to a street musician played this song. The golden rays of sunset with soft breeze came along accompanied me that afternoon. Somehow I felt so calm, and reflected the major changes happened in my life. I felt so grateful for what God's done in my life :)

Youtube link: Loving You

10. Jesus is Love

Recently find this song and prepare this as my 'farewell' song. "Jesus is Love" teaches us to love one another. Forever Jesus love's belong to us. You may read the previous post here.

Youtube link: Jesus is Love
Lyric: Jesus is Love

Acknowledgement

Thank you for all musicians in these world who go after their passion and dreams. Expand your talent and be a blessing for people who listen to your music. You never know your song might comfort someone in his/her life crisis.

Moreover, thank you Jesus Christ who made this whole journey possible and beautiful in God's time. Our road ahead will never be easy but with God, we are not alone. God is enough.



Batam, 8 December 2018

No comments: