My Home Collection : Love and Achievements


Love and Achievements

Dear readers,

It is interesting to discuss what are our home collection, since we tend to keep a lot of things at home, hahaha. So that I divided the most fascinating thing I kept at home into 2 big categories : Love and Achievements. Everything in my life begins with love and there comes along the achievements with it :)

FYI, I have been away from my 'hometown', Jakarta for 5 years. I worked in Timika 5 years and recently moved to Batam. Wherever I go, I always bring this collection as the outcome of my love, passion, and achievements.

There are 3 things I kept as my home collection : poems, running shoes, and running medals.


1. Poems

When I was in elementary school, I am used to write poems. However, most of them were gone. My next involvement with poem was in 2015. I taught Library Session for Junior High School in grade 7 where I found their Bahasa Indonesia curriculum was about poem. I need to introduce poem in fun way to the students, so that I bought "Bilang Begini Maksudnya Begitu" written by Sapardi Djoko Damono. I read the book as my inspiration and source to teach at the Library Session. I was surprised to remember again my old flame with poem, especially Soneta. I love Soneta. Thank you Pak Sapardi :)

Since then, I write poem actively and save them as my beloved collection. Moreover, it becomes a habit to me now to check on poetry section when I visit a bookstore or library. Sometimes, I discover a hidden gem behind the bookshelves in the bookstore/library and prefer to buy / borrow it. I find reading poem is really relaxing and put our imagination goes vividly. Hopefully in the future, I could publish my poems into a book. Just a wish :)


2. Running Shoes

Have a guess, which one is my first running shoes?
This sounds like a weird fetish, but I collected my first running shoes from 2009 until now hahaha. I like to treasure memories, and my first pairs of running shoes are my very expensive memory. They are the first shoes which accompanied me having my first running in Gelora Bung Karno, Jakarta. They are the witness of my first milestone in running competition. You may read it here http://friskanotes.blogspot.com/2011/06/run-friska-run.html

After time, my first running shoes were broken and replaced (function) with others. However, I had memory been ran far with them, it stayed and I could not throw them away to the garbage can. Simply love them. Now, they are kept with my other running shoes, hahaha.


3. Running Medals

Medals are the other results which produced as my love from running. Been joining run competition since 2009, began from 5K category until the maximum distance for me was 11,5 km. I ran in several cities in Indonesia : Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Timika, Makassar, (coming soon Batam this December). Moreover, I also like to explore this Running Plus Plus Program (running plus traveling) to Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, and China.

I keep number of running medals at my family home in Jakarta, and just bring the most recents running medals to my (current) dormitory in Batam. I hanged them in my cupboard door as a motivation for me to keep doing the healthy lifestyle.

Each medal brings me to cherish the hard work practice, the good feeling when I reached the finish line, the struggle I had to be in the running competition, good people whom I met with, there are so precious for me.


Nothing Can Stop You

When I reflected on my life, I am surprised to review how long this life journey is. I always have choice whether I want to have ordinary day or want to seize the day! Love and passion can go through everything, there is no limit but yourself. If you want it, you can make it, as long as you make your best effort in it. If it's failed, you may try again.

You might find people who put unsupportive comment for your collection at home or for anything you do. However, in my opinion as long as it is positive, build you to be a better person, do not be hesitated. Always keep the door of challenge opened. Sometimes you could be afraid, but there is always a way to get over it; as long as you want it.

Nothing can stop you, but yourself.


Batam, 30 November 2018

No comments: