Outside of The Cocoon

The Cocoon


I lived and buried under the remote area Papua for 5 years and honestly I enjoyed the simple life I had. I spent my quality time to put the best attempt in everything I did in Papua. I felt there was nothing lack in my life in Papua, except for the opportunity to gain knowledge and meet those fabulous-out-of-the-box-people.

When I read any publication of insightful event in Jakarta or overseas, sometimes I felt left behind. I was thirsty of knowledge. Moreover, I found limited people at my par, to share thought with in Timika. My achievements and what I did in Papua was given to others, but I didn't feel I accomplished my personal goals at all.

Once in a year I was sent from Timika, Papua to attend library training and workshop in Jakarta but I was still craving more. I am a person who has many interests of life, and Timika, could not answer them all. My fondness in reading, running, diving, doing broadcast on radio, learning about other culture, practicing my Spanish, and have a coffee tasting, they were sacrificed. When I stayed in Timika, I was kept inside a cocoon.

However, God answered my prayer to move to Batam now. I have been wondering, what will be God's plan into my life. Day by day, I am convinced that Batam is a place for me to flourish myself into a better person. God said, it is my time to out from the cocoon and unfolded my wings to fly further.

I am still preparing and challenge myself to be able to build my wings strength up. Moreover, thank you for Blogger Perempuan Network's Challenge topic today so that I am inspired to set up my 2019 goals earlier. There are 5 things I need to achieve in order to metamorphose as a better person in the future.

1. To be a Risk Taker


If I reflected on my life, I was such a risk taker of life, let's say bonek. For many times, I challenge myself to be out of my comfort zone. However, by time, my taking risk level comes lower now. I rethink so many times before taking decision. Sometimes, I made decision because of abstract reason and people could not understand it.

I usually pray first, then call my friend to ask help or have their opinion before take any decision. These are the power of having good friends around you :) Good friends are people who really care about you, and prefer to say the truth bluntly in front of your face.

These good friends are people know who I am and they help me to enrich perspective in my life goals. Hard work and commitment are needed to achieve my life goals :
- Build Pustakawan Mendunia team up
- Published my poem book
- Published my picture book for children
- Decided where I am going to stay permanently
- Overcome my fear in relationship/marriage
- Have a postgraduate education, hopefully I can have it overseas
- Submitted my writing to scientific journal
- Build an open community library in our (me and spouse) house
- Being old gracefully

The list may still continue longer. However, a dream is still a dream except you are awake to begin working on it. I wish I could learn how to have more courage and determination in accomplished these missions of life. That's why having a good time management is very essential to reach these goals.

2. Organised My Belongings and My Priceless Time


If we are talking in my library expertise, you might see how tidy our library collection at school. However, if we discuss my personal collection at home, you might be surprised hahaha. Usually I have a full day schedule and arrived home late, so that I do not put everything in the order. I do not know where to begin hahaha. Lets see in this Christmas holiday, if I can manage my time to tidy things up. Do you have any tips for this? :)

Moreover, I have to be selective in answering every invitation now. My time is only limited for 24 hours, and I need to split it between family, office hours, my project of dream Pustakawan Mendunia, and those goals mention in number 1 (To be a Risk Taker). Then, you should be very special if I am willing to invest my priceless time to be with you.

3. Explore the Underwater


In 2015, I had my SSI (Scuba School International) Open Water Diving License. It was not easy to have the license because actually I terrified to swim in the sea. However, thanks God, I was highly motivated and able to overcome my fear, in order to accomplish one of my dream : diving in Raja Ampat, Papua.

The hilarious thing is, until 2018 I had none friend who committed for real to dive in Raja Ampat. Most of my friends asked me out to go to Raja Ampat only for taking picture from above, none adventurous enough to dive into the deep beauty of Raja Ampat. That's why I refused to visit Raja Ampat except for diving.

Interesting thing in Batam, they are equipped with full facilities of life, including diving. One of my friend introduced me to one of trusted diving agency in Batam. OMG! I am so happy, I feel like I find a home. A dream comes true! I would put diving schedule into my 2019 planner! Coming soonnn... #keepmyfingerscrossed

4. Knowledgeable


These is one of my favourite part! I enjoy and love to gain knowledge. I really wish I can practice and learn more about creative writing, how to do public speaking, improve website design, and build networking between literacy movement in Asia. I like to challenge myself to meet people from different perspective to enrich my view of the world.

Moreover, I should invest hours to read high quality resources or even submit myself into a training / course program. I have many e-books and printed books waiting for me to read. Nobody say this is going to be easy. It requires your time, money, and commitment to work hard on it.

5. Have a Natural Beauty and be Real


I reflected on my life in Papua, and saw how my outlook changes while I am staying in Batam. My skin became brighter and my pimples were gone somewhere! The weather here is perfect, and my quality of life is improved in Batam. No hassle in Batam. What do you want? Just name it, and it shall be available in Batam.

The advancement of life is including skincare / doctor treatment. They provide implant, botox, filler, and injection to help giving you shortcut to the physical beauty. In my opinion, the price range given is reasonable, as long as you are taken care by the professional doctor. The question now, "Am I going to have this shortcut of beauty?"

I re-think several times.

Until I reached this answer.

I prefer to choose the natural beauty. Because I believe there is no healthy shortcut for my purpose : being old gracefully. If you only emphasise on outer appearance, it would be faded by time. However, it is better to have investment in healthy lifestyle : get nutritious food to eat, do exercise, drink fresh milk, have vitamin, and cover yourself from direct sunlight. Put positive thought about others, sleep well. To know more about these tips, you might read it here.

Anyway, this term "to be real" is something rare to be found in this pathetic world. Be grateful if you find your real friend in life. Moreover, I will suggest, if you could not find your real friend (yet), at least you should be the one. I remind you again that friends are not about numbers but quality. Be real, please stayed to be my friends :)

The Metamorphose

When I was graduated from my Library Science degree in 2011, who knew this day will come? We never know where life might bring us. Be prepared, challenged and developed yourself. It takes time and hard effort to go outside the cocoon to complete the phase of metamorphose.

When the time is near, then you will be ready to begin your fly, and explore the world further. Amen.



Batam, 6 December 2018

No comments: