Do or not to Do?

To Do or not to Do?



Life is a never ending journey to learn and offers us innumerable choices. If we discuss about things I haven't done in life, the result will be tremendous. My mind is fulfilled with prosperous vision between faith, personal growth, family, Pustakawan Mendunia, and the questions of life.

If you are following my posts in this blog, you should realise I had explained them numerously here. So that, I would choose other 5 goals I haven't done, and not shared (yet) in this blog :

1. Excellent in the Table Manner


Every culture in the world has unique table manner as the first way to respect the food provider and culture tradition in dining. As a person who is interested in cultures, I learned table manner by doing or reading books about it. I am very lucky to have various friends and acquaintances' culture background. By experience, I learned how to eat in proper ways : Indonesia (with accustomed ways depend on the tribes), Japan, Korea, and India.

However, I find myself lacking in learning European formal table manner. I had the experience to have fine dining and read about it in advance. Even though I survived through these dining, I am still not really sure whether my European table manner is excellent or not. Since in college time, I really wish I could spare my time to have table manner course.

You might find it funny, but there is a table manner course. In my opinion, we need to learn it as appreciation and respectful to the invitee. Who knows we could be invited to attend a gala dinner hold by HRH Prince William or President Joko Widodo. Furthermore, we could invite people to have fine dining in our house, so that at least we know how is the 'proper' way to serve formal dinner place setting for our invitations.

By the time I was so busy, and what can you expect from Timika, to provide a table manner course? Lets see if I could find a way to learn it in Batam :)

2. Master to Drive a Car


Before, I never think to learn driving car (including to get the driving license). I counted already the expenses spend to have taxi is cheaper than having car and maintain it. However, after I decided to begin Pustakawan Mendunia, driving skills becomes necessary. To read it more, please read it here

I already had the driving course lesson in Batam and contacted them this last November. Hopefully I could registered to continue the course this January :)

3. Write an Evoking Children Book


Ah, this is a long time dream I have not done (yet). I love children, and I wish I could write something useful, to gain children's confidence inside them. I would like to make an out of the box subject, such as what R.J. Palacio did. His "Wonder" book told us about Auggie has one eye but learned to be confident to be himself, and realise that his speciality what makes him Auggie. Furthermore, "Wonder" was beautifully written and very recommended for children and teenagers. Please read more about it here.

In order to reach this, I know I have to practice writing as what I am doing now hahaha. Moreover, I have to be discipline to put schedule in writing and get an editor who can help me. Still need a hard work for this, and hopefully my writing skills grow better by the time :)

4. Go over the World's Biggest (Favourite) Library



I think every librarian in the world must dream about this place : The Library of Congress (LC), in Washington D.C., United States of America. It was build in 1800 biggest library in the world in both shelf space and number of books. The Library of Congress is the official research library of the United States Congress. 

Furthermore, New York Public Library (NYPL) also noted as the third of the biggest library of the world. I found NYPL is very active in social media and they have full of activities in the library. The whole concept library as a community centre to learn, is really implemented in NYPL.

So if by time I could visit USA, for sure I would put these visit to both Library of Congress and New York Public Library as a priority. However, please do not think my purpose only want to take picture in front of and inside the library reading room. I really wish if I could contact the librarian, so that I could make appointment to learn about the advancement the library made for people in USA.

These inspiration should be spread to many people who desperately need a pump inspiration for our literacy movement. My fingers are crossed, lets have a savings :*

To read more about this, you may open it here.

5. Challenge the Sky


Purposely put this in the last as a question to myself, whether should I do sky diving or not? I love challenge, and I believe positive challenge always drive us to door of life enlightenment. This (probably) once in a lifetime experience will change the way we see life and future. 

Before do skydiving, after paid these amount of money (and it's not that cheap :p), you will submit a letter said that this action is decided by you and I think there is no insurance will cover this, hahaha. So, it is supposed to be said, that you paid lump sump of money, only to deliver your life, into someone's else (your skydiving operator tandem). 

Moreover, Dubai is recommended by many website as the number one / best place to do skydiving. Lets see if I got a chance to visit Dubai or anywhere else bring me closer to the sky...

To read more about recommendation for sky diving, you can read it here. Moreover, if you would like to know what to prepare and what will happen while skydiving, you may read it here.

Ready or not, Here I come

To do or not to do, that is the question, hahaha. However, a dream is still a dream except you wake up and trying to make it happen. Hopefully my time in Batam can be spend wisely and fruitful within my life. Amen...




Batam, 13 December 2018

No comments: