The Genius Gates Notes as My Blog Inspiration


The Early Years

When I opened my first blog accounts, I assumed that blog was a place to save your digital data. Moreover in my (past) opinion, it was so cool to get your name found in search engine hahaha. That's why I generated a few blog from blog hosting in Multiply, Yahoo 360, and Wordpress used my full name.

I was the emotional teenager and reckless. I called for a place to detonate the heartbreaking bomb inside me. It happened quite often, especially I didn't have a friend to be trusted at the time. In a way, writing in the blog becomes a comfort sanctuary for me, even until now.

By the time, I realise I need a blog where I can write anything freely without being judged. Since the words I wrote in my first blogs was damaged, full of pain and hurtful feeling, I determined to find another name for my blog. Absolutely, I could not use my full name anymore for blogging. I desired to look for my new blog's name inspiration, and where to look, if it was not the Genius Philanthropist on Earth, Mr Bill Gates.

The Gates Notes 

I read and learned about Microsoft history and how Bill Gates left Microsoft to work on philanthropy action. He is The Incredible! Your life achievement does not only come because you are smart and work hard, but also by overcome your fear. Who Bill Gates is, how he educates his children, his marriage, and his life made a deep impression for me. He became my role model, being geek is all right, and you still can have a life.

So, when I was looking for inspiration how should I named my blog, I searched Bill Gates name in internet search engine. I read one the finding result was : The Gates Notes. I looked at his blog / The Gates Notes, he said it is a "blog". I was amazed to observe how simple the blog design but the content is about developing human race throughout the world. This terrific content is on going until now.

One more notable point which I like from The Gates Notes, is the humility. Bill Gates didn't think this page for him only, to put him into fame or else. Even though he is already THAT well known. In my opinion, he thinks about legacy and future generation. He required to put his best effort to help others, as a tribute to put the world in the better light.

I believe, if Bill Gates is no longer exist in this world (I really wish he is granted with long life), at least his legacy will still exist and shall be continued by his trusted co-workers and also his family, The Gates Family. And yes, FYI, of course his blog is written in English :)

I am inspired by Bill Gates! I love his humility and his legacy to the world. I wish I could be someone who can always put best intention throughout my life. Moreover, I wish I can leave positive legacy at least for people around me and the ones whom I loved.

Friska Notes was Born

In November 29, 2009 Friska Notes, this blog was born! I used the Gates Notes name format, used my first name only, "Friska". I don't use any attributive full name throughout Friska Notes. I also hesitated to put it into public. I will tell someone about my blog, just if someone asked. If not, I do not need to mention to anyone that I have a blog hahaha. I love become an anonymous.

I determined to write all posts in Friska Notes in English as a part of this anonymously. So, the first filter to reach this blog is, I don't put my full name here; then the second filter would be : the language.

When I wrote all posts in English, it will be a challenge for any Indonesian to finish reading my writing until the last words. FYI, at that time, Google Translate was not well known yet in Indonesia.

So if I found a person (Indonesian) can reach Friska Notes, put an endeavour to read it until the last words of my post, and even left a comment on it, I felt honoured.

However, those all were in the past. Since I join the 30 days challenge from Blogger Perempuan Network, I had to put Friska Notes' address on my Instagram bio. Moreover, I unlocked my Instagram account now. There is no Ms Anonymous anymore :*

The New Spirit

Friska Notes was fulfilled with disappointment of the world and life in the first years. When re-read again my previous writing, I am surprised to see how dark I was in the past. By the time, through lesson in life, I am improved. If you are a faithful reader of Friska Notes (if any), you may recognise it also.

I am very grateful, I can see life from improved and sharpened perspective now. Purposely, I left those lesson of life memory here, as a note, as memory of my life journey, to reflect more about life. I wish I can spread this distinguish viewpoint through Friska Notes.

Batam, 22 November 2018


No comments: