The Traveller of Thoughts

The Monkey Mind

Wonorejo Mangrove, Surabaya, Indonesia
Dear readers,

In the past, my mind was fulfilled with overanalyse thinking and so busy counted many possibilities of the future. Life is unpredicted and we, the limited human definitely could not put up with 1000 probabilities ahead us. A friend of mine with psychology background described it as the monkey mind. It's just as a monkey swinging through the trees, trying to grab one branch and go to seize another continuously. He said that I probably had the monkey mind symptoms. 

After several life lessons I had, these symptoms were reduced slowly. You have to realise you cannot control everything, and when something happen, it just happened. Take it, accept it. The only change you can make is you, but not people. However, sometimes, this overanalyse thinking shows up and cannot removed easily. 

Tame The Monkey
Playing fun with monkey in Uluwatu, Bali 

Writing is fun! When inspiration come or if this monkey mind is here, I usually post something in my Facebook, Twitter, and (recently) Instagram. I can just do it directly, at the moment. 

However, for certain case, if it is something private or can put people curious kepo about my life, I prefer to write it longer, in safe place, my second home and devoted friend: my blog! :*

Moreover, right now, after I had decision not to be active anymore in Facebook, I need a place to release these monkeys away. So that, I find writing blog is very helpful to tame my monkey mind who travels far away. 

Project of Dream

Pustakawan Mendunia
Aside of tamed my monkey mind, currently I am writing this project of dream : Pustakawan Mendunia. The contents is about inspiring literacy activities to motivate children's love in reading. 

I usually write about the activities I made with my students in our library, or could be helped from other correspondents' writing. Moreover the scope of the contents shall within Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia.

I really wish I have more time to learn more in managing website, and to put on tight schedule to update our content in Pustakawan Mendunia. However, I frequently find the source of my writing is Inspiration + Activity, especially when I do my expertise in librarianship. I am here, be the part of it, as the librarian for a living and passion of life. 

Put Thoughts into Reality

Calligraphy Class in Changsa Summer Camp, China
I do think writing in blog and Pustakawan Mendunia are not a playful and casual project. They become an essential part of my life, vision, and the future. However, I do not think I am able to be a full time blogger at this moment. Because the source of my inspiration is from my daily task and job as a librarian / part of literacy activist. 

Moreover, I need sources (funding) to maintain these facilities : internet connection, electricity bills, website subscriptions, and to build networking within other people. Currently these expenses can be covered by my earnings. Furthermore, my mind does not stop only in writing, but I wish to think broader and build something permanently so that Pustakawan Mendunia's legacy can be continued for the future. 

Diligent work, managed time well, networking, and sources of funding are needed to achieve Pustakawan Mendunia's goal. In a way, being a part-time blogger but a full time librarian, is a suitable choice for me now. In spite of achieving these future goals simultaneously. 

Our thoughts might travel far but we need actions to put them into reality, step by step. Yes, we can :)



Batam, 11 December 2018

No comments: