Explore. Dream. Discover.

It's Holiday!


Christmas is near and it's time for us having holiday in Indonesia. Christmas, 25 December is celebrated as a national holiday in Indonesia. Moreover in Papua, people and civil servants always have long holiday for Christmas. Christmas holiday usually begin early, around 20s December in Papua. December also becomes holiday for us who work in education field like national and private school. So December always been waited as a holiday season for us in Indonesia, whatever your religion is :)

Anyway, according to this season's festive, I would like to share this quote made by Mark Twain. FYI, Mark Twain is an American notable author who wrote Huckleberry Finn. He said,
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the tradewinds in you sails EXPLORE DREAM DISCOVER."
I find this quote is perfect to describe how I usually put my exciting and fruitful holiday. Explore. Dream. Discover. Do not have a regretful life. Thank you Mark Twain!

Explore
Overcome my fear to swim under the sea
Try something new
Challenge yourself. Do something new to overcome your weakness. Lets say, if you can't swim, learn to swim. If you can't dance, learn how to dance. If you can't cook, learn cooking. Life offers us so many ways to learn. In this global and internet based era, you get numerous choices to have. You could have the off site-paid course, or the free one, through youtube or application. But remember, you can't learn swimming only by watching youtube. Please be advised to have a pro to train your swimming lesson :)

Go somewhere new
Leave your comfort couch and pillow at home. Have an adventure to visit a place, somewhere new. Somewhere does not mean to be far. Anywhere to bring fresh vibe and positive ambiance in life could do. You might find inspiration ahead.

Meet new people
If you do this "Try something new" and "Go somewhere new", definitely you will meet new people. Hopefully meet these new people will enrich your life and add more valuable experience into your life.

Dream

Put your dream turns into reality
This is the part where I want to examine myself and develop the most within this year. I am used to be satisfied for whatever life brings and I never have any ambitious target in life. Now, I realise it is OK to put on your minimal standard to go further in your life. Our time is limited in this mortal life and that's why we have to put maximal effort in anything we do. Lets see how will this brainstorming dreamy session will be sealed. Set the goals and define the ways to achieve them.

Discover

Dream comes true!
Had a kung fu exercise with a Shifu in Shaolin Monastery, Deng Feng, China.
When you do "Explore" and "Dream", if you are lucky and perceptive with your surrounding, you definitely will find meaning of life through your journey. For many times, my astonishing holiday never fail me. People may not understand what am I doing, why I keep doing weird things where most women don't do.

I have no choice but to travel alone to bizarre destinations or do certain activity since no one can follow up with my agenda (yet). How abstract is it sound to know :

  1. I flew from Batam, Riau Islands to Jayapura, Papua only to attend one day conference, or
  2. I joined running competition 11,5 KM in Xiwuqi, Grassland in Northern part of China, or 
  3. I flew from Timika to Jakarta twice to vote in Jakarta Governor Election. I heart you Pak Ahok :* 
  4. Not to mention another fetish dream : to run in the Great Wall, China and have a kung fu/wushu exercise in Shaolin Temple, Deng Feng, China.
  5. and so forth...

If you asked me, what is the the most expensive thing I spend on my holiday? It's not my flight tickets, hotels' booking, or my accommodation I spent in my "Explore" and "Dream" session. The answer will be my extravagant discovery of the meaningful life.

I always meet good people throughout my momentous journey. I am amazed to see not only the gorgeous scenery but to realise how kindness and good people are still exist in this pathetic world. I am honoured to be able to convey treasured lessons in life and it affect me to flourish as a better person.

Throw Off the Bowlines, Sail Away

Had a momentous 'sailing' time to Pahawang island, Lampung, Indonesia
Several times I had questions from my friends, how I can travel alone, why I am that brave. Moreover, number of friends give further comment like, "I can't do that", "I am not you" etc. Just like I wrote in my previous post here, nothing can stop you, but you.

I really wish I could have a friend to share these magnificent holidays together. However I have none (yet) at this present moment hahaha. So, what should I do? Should I just lock myself in house and my room only? Life and the world are so grand and too beautiful to be missed out.

The choice is in your hands, will you just stay in your comfort zone? Or, just like what Mark Twain said, we are here to throw off the bowlines, and sail away.

Bon voyage! Get ready for the next courageous sailing, happy holiday...



Batam, 9 December 2018

No comments: