That Cool New Boss


The Previous Post

Okay, If you visited my page lately, you will realise that I rarely write something in this blog. My last post was on November, and because it was really matter. I attended a very meaningful workshop from the school. We had a very inspiring person came as our resource speaker, and you the ones who knew me very well; I would not sit and be quiet seeing a terrific person like that in front of me!

I RARELY meeting a resource speaker in person once he/she completed the speech. It because I RARELY feel if the materials given is that special or essential. However, this person is different! I was in Papua for 5 years, and had worked in this school for 2 years, I NEVER meet anyone who has that same spirit just like our resource speaker has. I do not talk about spirit in ghostly matter. This is the genuine spirit, a person who works with passion, really does what he/she say, who is brave answering challenge, and ready to take a risk. Not everyone really do what they said, not everyone willing to take a risk to put themselves to cover up their subordinates. But this resource speaker is d-i-f-f-e-r-e-n-t.

Therefore, I met her in person and asked her opinion about what I did in my library session and really motivated to ask her to have a visit to our library. However, she was very busy to taking care all the requests and failed to come visiting our library. I was disappointed. For people who know me, I am a very expressive person, and everything in my mind and my heart would be reflected on my face. Our resource speaker really understood my inquiry was real, and I really meant it.

I was doing this whole thing without knowing that she would be our 2nd rank highest boss in our school year, hahahaha!

Being Her Fans

Since beginning I am her big fans, and really excited to have her returned to our school. Again, this excitement can't be hidden on my face hahaha. When we had the employees' first met up in the school hall, she nodded and recalled my name in front of other employees, as a sign that she knew me. I thought I left a positive image on her mind.

Then, whenever I meet her, I  am not like other employees who are afraid even just to say hi to her. Since beginning I am super duper friendly! I am her biggest fans here, remember? I even can share lunch together with her, having chit chat, and laughing loudly in front of her. I thought a lot of employees were surprised to see how relaxed I was in one of our lunch time. Because what I remember about her is, I am truly her fans, and I am really HAPPY having her here! Hahahaha.. I think highly of her as my boss but I am her biggest fans. Can you imagine, let's say, you are an Economic major graduate and you have Ibu Sri Mulyani as your boss. It feels amazing right?

You know for certain people, you may only rarely meet them, once or twice in a life time, and my new boss is just like that. I am confident to say this because I have spent my life time (30 years old) and RARELY meeting people that really affect me this much. She is different!

My coolest boss then lend me her book, and she said, sometimes we would be inspired to be a leader when we meet someone who inspired us! Just like how she described when she met her former school principal. Definitely, I would finish reading the book she lend me in this Independence Day's holiday! And the book is the picture whom I share with you in this post, Lean In : Women, Work, and the Will to Lead written by Sheryl Sandberg.

I hope to meeting my boss again, she could be my mentor and can guide me where and how I explore more of my talents and interests.

All the best, and gonna update you later. 


Batam, 14 August 2020





No comments: