Be The Man


Dear readers,

In the middle of the night, I am inspired to write a weird note about The Man! However, based on my experience, I never have a kind of type-man whom usually I am interested in. I could not set up a certain standard such as economic, education, or races background nor their physical appearance. Even though having a same faith/religion becomes a main factor in considering future spouse, you could not say, that every person who has same religion with you will perfectly fit to be the "One".

If you know my (previous) crush who might turn into love interest, you might surprise to know their background, even their appearance are various. However, I found several traits they have in common : they are gentleman, kind hearted, smart, patient, and have this "cool" attitude. The term I use here "cool" means they might active in social media but they do not overshared their private life.

So the more you posted things in the social media, shared this 'ridiculous' sissy things, I am so sorry, definitely I will lose interest. I know it might sound not fair for man. Maybe some of you would say, hey we are free to express ourselves. Expression is a normal way to have both for man and woman. However, in my opinion, real man should be The Man!

They might sick, or have one of the biggest storm in their life, but they remained calm. They are strong enough to face their problem and usually I am the one who is worried about them. Believe it or not, I am blessed with an ability or 'gift' to know when my friends are in trouble. Sometimes, in the middle of the day, this friend's name would just pop out into my mind. If this occurred, I have to make a phone call to check how he/she is doing. It always happened unexpectedly.

So what are the differences between The Man or Not The Man?

The Man is a gentleman, he knows how to treat a lady. He will not say harmful things from his words or do violence. He is smart and have noble character. He knows what he wants to do. He is a decision maker of his life. He is looking forward to life with good planning. He has vision. He fulfilled his promise. He is honest.

Not the Man, if : he is still playing around with someone's feeling. He could not make a decision. He tend to see women as dumb and not knowing anything. He is looking for attention through social media. He just living the life as it is. No further planning for his life. He has no vision. He forgets his promise. He lied.

Thank you Jesus, that I met several of "The Man" character through my life so that I am optimistic that good men are still exist. The Man character is not depend on his age but based on his life experience and reflection. What I love the most from The Man character is: he might struggle heavy issues in life but he still stand and rise, to overcome these problem with a faith that Jesus will help him passed through it.

It is a privilege for me to know this The Man character is not fiction but real. I am honored, and I really wish  God prepares my future spouse whose have The Man character.

Amen!


Batam, 4 March 2019

No comments: