French Kiss Movie

French Kiss is one of my favorite movies ever. And since watched the movie, I adore Meg Ryan the actor, her movies, and have big dream to come to Paris one day. I watched French Kiss in La Tv (an old school station television in Indonesia), first when I was in high school. After that, I usually rent the movie CD from video rental store nearby. The story is about a girl, Kate who is chasing her cheated boyfriend, Charlie who just broke their relationship, when he is in Paris.

Kate, who has big fear to flight by plane, makes herself flying to Paris by airplane, where she meets Luc. Luc is a Parisian, flamboyant guy, who's pretty sarcastic and quite sweet. HAHAHAHA. I think Kevin Kline act perfect as Luc in this movie. He can act as a pretty annoying, funny, sweet, and sexy person also hihihi. The journey begins complex, when Luke hide his stolen necklace in Kate's bag. Luc pretends want to help Kate who's losing her passport, and want to meet Charlie. But his main reason is to take the necklace.
So, there the journey began, and both Luc and Kate feel interested and feel sympathy each other. And you can guess how the story ended. It's so sweet HAHAHA. This is a kind of movies I like the most :D.

Moreover this movie has a funny, bright conversation, interesting opinipn, little bit sarcastic which are nice I think. Here some memorable quotes I took from IMDb (Internet Movie Database):

Luc: For me, bullshit is like breathing.

Luc: Now we'll practice. I'll be Charlie.
Kate: I'll be Kate.

Luc: And I am thinking, you should not be flying anywhere.
Kate: I shouldn't?
Luc: No, in fact, I am sure of it. I am thinking, I want you.
Kate: You want me?
Luc: That's all. I want you.

Kate: A healthy person is someone who expresses what they're feeling inside. Express, not repress.
Luc: In that case, you must be one of the healthiest people in the world.

Luc: First, you must take some wine. Can you describe it, the taste?
Kate: It's a nice red wine.
Luc: I think you can do better.
Kate: A bold wine with a hint of sophistication and lacking in pretension.
[beat]
Kate: Actually, I was just talking about myself.

Luc: Kate.
Kate: [hopefully] Yes?
Luc: You are not afraid to fly any more? You are thinking of your little stone cottage?
Kate: It's on a hillside next to a beautiful vineyard. But that's not really what I'm thinking about.
Luc: What are you thinking about?
Kate: You.

Luc: Meanwhile, his lover...
Kate: Don't ever use that word again.
Luc: All right, this bastard woman...

Kate: [about Charlie] We were happy. I've never been so happy.
Luc: When people tell me they are happy, my ass begins to twitch.

Kate: Do you believe in love? The kind that lasts forever?
Luc: I loved my mother.
Kate: No, everybody loves their mother. Even people who hate their mothers love their mothers. The question is, one man meant for one woman. That is the question.
Luc: But it is not an interesting question. It is the question of a little girl who believes in fairy tales.

Kate: Those French. They hate us, they smoke, they have a whole relationship with dairy products I don't understand.

Charlie: I met this woman, this apparition, this goddesse.
Kate: Goddesse?
Charlie: It's French - for goddess.

Kate: [singing] I hate Paris in the springtime/I hate Paris in the fall/I hate Paris in the summer when it sizzles/I hate Paris in the winter when it drizzles/I hate Paris, oh why oh why do I hate Paris?/Because my love is there... with his SLUT girlfriend.

Kate: Happy, smile. Sad, frown. Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion. But no. You want this mysterious...
Luc: Non. No no no. It is not me who wants it. I don't want it.
Kate: Well what do you want?
Luc: I want you... I want you...
Kate: You want me...
Luc: I want you... to... make Charlie suffer. To make him feel like even though you are right there in front of him, he can't have you.
[he realizes then that he is talking about himself]

Kate: [to Luc] You'll become one of those hunchbacked, lonely old men, sitting in the corner of a crowded cafe, mumbling to yourself, "My ass is twitching. You people make my ass twitch."

Luc: That's all? You have no strategy, no armor, no bullshit?

Luc: You were how old when you lost it?
Kate: It? What "it"?
Luc: You know, *it*. Your, uh, flower.
Kate: My flow... oh!
[indignant]
Kate: My flower is none of your business!
Luc: I ask you because some people, they rush towards that fateful moment, their bodies bursting to discover. Others, they guard it like some precious gift.
Kate: And you, I suppose, rushed.
Luc: Like a bull.
Kate: Yeah, I have a picture in my mind. It's very clear.

Luc: I like you. But I don't like the way you say with your face all scrunched up, "you're French, aren't you?" And then I don't like how you say, with your eyes all squinty, "all men are bastards."

after meeting Kate]
Claire: I'm very impressed.
Luc: She's a friend, just a friend.
Claire: Since when are women just your friends?
Luc: Since I met her.

Kate: I don't know what they taught you in France, but rude and interesting are not the same things.

Kate: The key to French waiters: If you're nice to them, they treat you like shit. Treat them like shit, they love you.

Kate: You know, all men are bastards.
Luc: Well, not all. I mean, some are just trying to help.
Kate: You know, I never thought I'd be the kind of woman to say this, but it's true. All men are bastards.
Luc: The guy who was talking to you, he was...
Kate: A bastard. A Eurotrash-in-Armani kind of bastard.
Luc: He was wearing a black suit? With a yellow shirt?
Kate: Yeah.
[Luc groans, then pulls Kate up from the sofa]
Kate: You know him?
Luc: Come on.
Kate: Of course you know him. All you bastards know each other.
[Luc pulls Kate toward the hotel exit]
Kate: [to the conierge] Bastard!

Kate: Didn't your mother ever teach you about staring?

Kate: I mean the kind of love between one man and one woman.
Luc: It is not a very interesting question. It is a question of a little girl who still believes in fairy tales.

Luc: What do you think, the plane is going to crash and we are all on the ground in a thousand pieces dead? I promise you, if it happens, you won't feel a thing.
Kate: You're French, aren't you?

[an announcement is made in French]
Kate: What was that? That sounded important.
Luc: The pilot said there is a crack in the engine, but not to worry, he'll take off anyway.

Kate: Let me ask you something. If you know so much about men and women, how come there was no one waiting for you at the airport?
Luc: Oh, please! I'm finished with women.
Kate: Oh, so you're afraid of commitment.
Luc: I'm not afraid of anything.
Kate: You know what your problem is? You have no staying power.
Luc: What do you mean?
Kate: You can't stick it out.
Luc: [nervously] What are you talking about?
Kate: It's obvious.
Luc: It is?
Kate: You are afraid of commitment.
Luc: [relieved] Commitment! Oh, sorry. I thought you meant...
Kate: What? What did you think I meant?
Luc: Nothing.
Kate: Oh...
[crooks her finger]
Kate: *This* problem.
Luc: It's not a problem!

Luc: Why are you chasing after him after what he's done to you?
Kate: Because I love him! And I'm afraid that if he doesn't come back that I'll... it'll hurt so much that I'll just shrivel up and I'll never be able to love anyone ever again.
Luc: You say that now, but... after a time, you would forget. First, you would forget his chin, and then his nose, and after a while, you would struggle to remember the exact color of his eyes, and one day you wake up and, pfft, he's gone: his voice, his smell, his face. He will have left you. And then you can begin again.

Luc: We can help each other.
Kate: I don't need your help.

Luc: Okay, so I try to understand. He tells you he has met this women... no, no, this goddess. He breaks your heart, he...
Kate: Hurts me. Humbles me.
Luc: Humiliates you.
Kate: Humiliates me!
Luc: Okay, and then, so you come here to Paris so that he can do it again, but this time, right in your face.

It's a very smart script, and I just found out from IMDb, that French Kiss is the first film where Meg Ryan worked also as a producer. It's awesome!! She made a magnificent work!! The script writer is Adam Brook and the Director is Lawrance Kasdan.

Recently I find the CD Original Soundtracks French Kiss in music store. Definitely, I buy the CD HAHAHAHA. I'm searching for the original CD/DVD the French Kiss Movie. It’s hard to search, since it's a 1995 movie, a long time ago.

No comments: