I was the Lost Sheep


Hi readers!

I haven't update you all with what all things happened in my life within this year. I returned to Jakarta since last September. Life is good and I get closer with family. 

I had a spiritual journey last December, and it was the scariest level 10 ever. Love life decisions, planted in a church (finally after decades wondering around), and currently busy with 2 bible studies: Orchard Road Presbyterian Church Singapore and the All Saints Anglican Church Jakarta. 

It is interesting that by attending these two bible studies, I got enlightenment and mostly it came in the right timing! One thing for my concern and reflection is how special God relationship with us described, as a shepherd and the lambs. 

1. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)

The amazing thing by reading bible (if you are blessed with the Holy Ghost), many times you read it you might get inspired by more new things. I have read this John 10 passages several times since my childhood, however, the Holy Ghost showed one new revelation for me. The keyword is "my sheep." If you are Jesus' sheep, you know who is He, and of course because you know He is your Master, you will follow Him."

2. I was the Lost Sheep

Some animals might like to have fun, enjoy the wind, scenery on the hill, or get trapped by the bushes beneath the flowers. In my situation, I might involved in some temptations, trapped in the situation, or between choices that could make me leave my sheep group and my master. I might already walk in a yard or hundreds meters away, but suddenly I listen there is a voice calling me. Either my Master, or my sheep gank (lol). Now, the issue is, after I listen to that call, will I obey and return to my Master?

I have choices: to listen but not obey, or listen and obey.

3. Listen and Obey, or just Not? 

My Master said, "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man." (John 10:28). Definitely, my Master would not harm me. He will make sure that I will be taken care of back there in my sheepfold. Then, what will happen if I do not listen, even worse, to run away from my Master? I will get lost, hurt myself, trapped in the middle of the cliff, or dead being hunted by the predators. 

All decision is back to myself. God give us the free will.

3. What Happened to the Other Sheep?

In the Christian perspective, we can conclude, the sheep who does not know Jesus would not follow him. Then, what do the other sheep know of? In the positive light, we might say, if there were another shepherd. However, if you believe in monotheism, this would not seem correct, lol. 

Therefore, I would say, the world out there outside of Jesus' protection is a true dangerous world and full of predators. 



Jakarta, 25 May 2022

No comments: