Happiness in Simple Life

in Dieng, 2011
This is me in 2011, when I was in my last year in college and I was so happy! I enjoyed my life in the middle of no where. Once a good friend of mine, 'read' me. He said, "There was no way someone can survive like you. Your life vitality was so damn good." Hahaha I don't know what this is about, but sounds OK lah :D

Seeing this picture always bring me back to the past. It is the time where I still be that 100% idealistic person, 100% tomboy, more into egoistic, do not really care about others except my dearests, not really believe in marriage (yet). Have no definite target in life, just believe life is good and just do the best for it. Never once I thought before, I am going to get a job in school. Never see myself to have passion in literacy and children education as a profession. Never be able to say I am beautiful, and just recently I let my friends took my picture. Before? I kept hiding and refused if someone asked to take picture together.

Matur nuwun Bapak, Ibu! Terima kasih!
This is the power of picture. It captures your moment. I remember those free of burden life. No vision yet, no love affair. I was a child-like. Whenever I feel heavy and full loaded, I always enjoy seeing this picture. My favourite! How potato can make me that happy hahaha. Anyway, there was a story behind this scene.

Ocha, Desy, and me we were strolling on a road in Dieng when we passed by the local farmers. We stopped and asked their working there. Somehow, the farmers offered us to share lunch together with them. Actually we felt bad about that, since they didn't bring much food. Moreover they insisted us to eat together with them. In their modesty, they shared what they had. I still remember the small banana I ate at that time, it was the most delicious banana I ever had in my life!

Sharing is not defined by how much you have, but how you genuinely want to share whatever you have. Such a life lesson!


Batam, 3 October 2018, 22.09 WIB

No comments: