Unveiled at Last

The Chosen One


Have you ever watched movie "Serendipity"? In the movie, the leading character, Jonathan looked up numerous secondhand bookstores just to find one book, "Love in the Time of Cholera". In the peak of movie's conflict, it was Jonathan's fiancee who gave that book as an (almost) wedding present for him. Why that particular one book was so meaningful for him? That one peculiar "Love in the Time of Cholera" had Jonathan's old flame's phone number inside. Sometimes, this one noteworthy book felt like it was presented for you for a specific reason.

I got this feeling when I finished reading "Unveiled at Last : Discover God's Hidden Message from Genesis to Revelation". A friend I met at church handed this book over to me, either she lend me or gave it as present, it was not really clear, hahaha. However, I felt bad, because I haven't finish reading the book after more than one month. So that I made a deadline, I have to finish reading it at the latest this Friday. Then, I could return this book next Saturday when I meet my friend hahahaha.

Thank you for this book, I felt blessed! I felt I found something "new", just unveiled at last. FYI I was born and raised as a Christian. I spent my childhood as the frequent visitor of the Sunday School so that Christianity concept is not something feel foreign in my (previous) perspective. However, I found treasure while reading this book. I think it's content just so meaningful for me, so that I would like to share it with you. 

There are three major theme I would like to share with you : Pray for Your Estranged Brothers/Sisters, God's Mercy Through Blindness, Obey (God) and See, and An Attainable Goal.

Pray for Your Estranged Brothers/Sisters 

In page 56, Greg Livingstone asked question in front of church members in USA, "How many of us pray for American hostages held captives in Iran?" and he compared the number of people whom raised the hands with next question, "How many of us pray for Iranians who held captives and do not know Jesus (yet)?" The numbers of people who raised their hands for both two questions were surprisingly far different. 

Sometimes, we tend to pray for people who seemed to be our brothers and sisters in faith. Then, what will happen for people aren't? Are they not our brothers and sisters that need to know Jesus too? So when recently there was news about terrorist bombing in Sri Lanka, I knew for sure that the victims were now rest in peace and met Jesus in heaven. The ones that urgently need our prayer actually the terrorists and the extremists. I wished that Jesus touched their heart and purify their blurred perspective about Christianity. 

God's Mercy Through Blindness

I do believe that faith is a personal experience and you could not transfer this enriched experience just like that. It should be felt and done by the blessed believers with help from the Holy Spirit. No other way could do it. So that, I am not interested to have a bible debate just to compare between and have an almost fighting discussion to describe whose God is the best.

I had experience where some of my friends asked about who Jesus is, in the matter of really curious or just want to test me. Honestly, I am not really comfortable to explain it. Like what I explained to you at first, knowing Jesus as human's Saviour is a personal encountered. So, whatever I described about who God is whom I know in name of Jesus, the Redeemer, even if we spent night to do bible study, at the end, I would be under Jesus' name and the other person will be in other side. 

However, reading this chapter really put my mind at ease. This is a remarkably provocative chapter! This chapter told us that it is God's mercy through blindness, so that people's mind could not see about who God is. 

"And the Holy Spirit determines to whom He is going to give insight into His word based on His knowledge of our future obedience or disobedience." Weird concept, isn't? But once you read the chapter, you will understand. 

So, just in case next time I would be asked the same question/had discussion about Jesus as part of Trinity, just explain and be relaxed. If the other side still insist about his/her perspective, just let be. It is not his/her time yet. Let God work in God's time, in God's way :)

Obey and See

It is not a coincidence that I read this book, that's what this book trying to interpret, hahaha. Actually I declared this with sweaty forehead lol. The book asked us to reflect, "See if this statement is true in your life, "I'll go anywhere, do anything, or say anything for God's kingdom." Yeah! That's true! It is part of my prayer since I worked in Papua until now.

Moreover, the book emphasised that, "You can't go back. Your life can't ever be the same. God has given you increased insight and you need to be obedient in your response." To obey God's word it needs sacrifice not only in material things as stated here. True, I am too ashamed to contemplate on anything left behind in my life.

"That unchanging purpose places a greater priority on the mandate of the covenant than on our own personal goals, dreams, desires and security... God is willing to forfeit our ease to see His goals and purposes brought about. That' s what the Lordship of Jesus Christ is all about. Jesus says in Luke 14:33 that we must be willing to give up ownership of all we possess if we are to be His disciples. The possessions aren't just material things. We possess goals, dreams, desires, careers, all sort of intangible things. And we must be willing to lay these at the foot of the Cross if we want to see Him accomplish through us all that we can do, and even more than we can do."

Are you brave enough to begin this journey? All you have to do just obey and said, "Here I am, God!"

An Attainable Goal

"The price of being part of God's global purpose is losing your life for His sake. But we must begin to think of ourselves, not as isolated pools, but as contributing parts of the whole composite of God's will. Each of our lives can release its potential into the mighty river of God's ultimate plan to reach all nations."

More detailed content also about how we are blessed to be a blessing, not only for brothers and sisters in faith but also for all nations in the world. This covenant between God and Abraham are enchained from the beginning of Genesis 17 until the end of the time, including us, the believers. Reading this book definitely would open your perspective wider in God's purpose for us. 

Have a try to find this marvellous book in bookstore and have a faith journey together with God! Happy reading all!


Batam, 25 April 2019.






No comments: