I am Falling in Love, Don't Ask Me Why #hatitatinggaldiPapua

Took picture with my love in Kampung Abar, Jayapura
Dear my loyal readers,

I shared this hastag #hatitatinggaldiPapua innumerably in Facebook, you also may review the Hati tatinggal di Papua song VM here :D It means you left your heart in Papua. I don't know how and why, it just occured. I worked in Timika, Papua for 5 years and traveled to other cities around Papua : Wamena, Manokwari, Jayapura, and Merauke. It affected me that much so that I have to admit: I am falling in love with Papua!

My besties in Timika, the survivors till the end : Sis Esti & Uswa
There should be a remarkable existence about Papua so that I was metamorphosed! I was transfigured splendidly within my remaining time in Papua. I respected and valued life at the most, I was touched by modest thing in life, I felt I am loved, my life is meaningful, I am worthy, how noble these kindhearted people are. They were willing to share anything they had, be my family when I was away from my hometown (5 hours flight to Jakarta), where I encountered my passion, I discovered my home.

However, after 5 years determined for good cause in Timika, I had to pull out an accord. I moved out from my former working institution. I could not reveal the reasons here, based on ethical concern. Do not worry, I did my finest endeavour in working in Papua and made a very logical and firm decision about this. I tried my luck to propose another job in Jayapura but there was no phone call, not even for any interview session. My prayer always there, no day spent in Timika without prayer, I really wish I could reside and work in Papua. I sealed all my prayers with "Thy will be done."
Unchanging love :*

I see, it seemed abstract for some of you, but that's how I viewed life. We, could requested any substance and material which we assumed we desire it, or essential for our life. However, God's intention for each of us is more than that. Our purpose living in this Earth is so GRAND! You can never predicted or even imagine, God ALWAYS arrange something GREAT for each of us, as long you are doing positive things in life genuinely, be honest, and put a lot of effort in anything you work at. It looks like an utopia for some people, but that's what I believe for years.

When God answered my prayer that I have to relocate to Batam, what can I do but accepted it? I put my faith in God, God promote something GREAT for me, whatever it is. Even though until the day I am writing this post, I declare myself repeatedly, I couldn't make headway from Papua. I am FALLING in LOVE with Papua.

Hilarious point about love is, we can never predestine with what (or whom) we may fall in love. It's not me who choose want to fall in love with Papua. Never, I just got into curiosity in 2013. I visited and traveled 4 main islands in Indonesia : Sumatera, Kalimantan, Java (for sure), Sulawesi but not Papua (yet, at the moment). Moreover working as librarian and did voluntary actions in Papua education unquestionably forged me, and voila I identified my passion!

Books & Library Week 2017
First time arrived in Timika, I was brokenhearted. I had no confidence to trust anyone. I thought I was going to work as a librarian professionally, managed the library only. However, my principal asked me to do additional assignment, it was something never explained to me in the beginning. I have to manage a library session for every grade, including the parallel classroom, from kindergarten until junior high school (grade 9). I felt deceived, because I was not expecting this, and I had no experience to work in a school. My previous working institution was in the office special library and records management area.

I forced myself, I had to master this! I researched through the internet, and I was blessed to have a very good friend, Rabbi Ade who gave me a sample of library skill syllabus from USA. I learned, even lucky enough to had Kurikulum 2013 training which uncovered my creativity. There are a lot of improvements you can develop through library session, to increase students fondness in reading. That was how I developed my skills and passions in literacy.

Then, how about my broken heart?
Jelita, my inspirator in Kampung Abar, Jayapura
My brokenhearted curer is the children's genuine love. I treasured it! It is marvellous how children could love us! We are someone who they do not know (we are not their family or relatives), but they love us, unconditionally. Children's pure love surely heals the brokenhearted T.T

My five years in Papua is so momentous and deeply meaningful in my life which I can never forget T.T

Furthermore, I have to face the reality now. I moved to Batam since July 2018 and have not decided yet how long I am going to sojourn in Batam. What can I do in my limited capacity and power to fulfil what my heart always craving for? My love to Papua? Hopefully this is not the end, but it turns out to be a comma... and have a trust God strengthen me in order to pursuing God's GRAND design in my life.

Jesus loves you, Thy will be done :*


Batam, 25 September 2018, 00.10 (GMT +7)












No comments: