Educate Your Child that Means You Educate Yourself First

Begin to be a Part of the Education System


These are several things to be noted before you submitting yourself as part of the educator, everywhere you are :

  1. Befriends with the research
  2. Drew your individual belief & philosophy, is it befitted with the school system where you work
  3. Put on an agreement about our 'image of the child' between the educator
  4. Promote your-based-on-positive-local-culture (Indonesia) as part of the agreement

Image of the Child 

We see a child is unique each, an explorer, imaginative, competent, has a voice to be respected and to have choices.

These are based on judgment: loveable, cute, innocent, and has no judgment for others.

Note :

  • Everyone deserves to have feelings and emotions. But remember to express yourself in an appropriate manner. 
  • Time is the biggest challenge, time is luxury
  • Children need to be respected
  • Challenging children's thinking and have them build their opinion
  • If they could not do it, you better use "yet"
  • Bring the opportunity to let the children explore their interests
  • Culture Challenge: Parents intervention, the well being surrounded environment, afraid to make mistakes, gender role
Culture to Promote: Cooperation, Caring, Kindness.

You Can't Build a Strong House without a Strong Foundation

If you would love to have strong and smart children to conquer the world, you, yourself got to be be filled with knowledge and wisdom. How many parents are not ready to see their children develop differently compare to 'other children' outside there?

That's what happened with my parents. They invested everything in me and my siblings but they are not ready to see that I grow up to be different. I would not obey my parents just because they are my parents. They have to convince me and give me strong reasons to influence me to do something.

When they said, "No," and I was not satisfied with the reason, I kept it in my mind when I was a kid. My curiosity could not be answered by, "No, because I said so."

I filled up this gap by reading books and have magnificent conversations with people I meet in books or in person. You could not build a strong generation except you build your foundation first.


Batam, 14 November 2019

No comments: